In Sifnos there are many paths and many times they are the only way to reach some of the beaches, churches, ancient mines and ancient citadels of the island. It is certain that while walking on the old, picturesque paths you will feel the atmosphere of the island, smell its perfumes and see places with breathtaking views. Depending on how much you want to wander, you can combine paths in various directions reaching quiet beaches where you can enjoy the cool waters.
Some of the paths that are worth walking are:
- From Katavati to the Monastery of Profitis Ilias tou Apsilou
- The path that starts from the location of Kade to the Ancient Citadel of Agios Andreas
- The paths leading to the beaches of Poulati (start either from Artemonas or the Kastro), Vlychada, Gialoudia, the Epta Martires and Tsoha.
- The paths to the chapels of Ai Stathis, Panagia tou Heliou (Virgin Mary of the Sun), Agious Anargyrous etc. west of the island, Ai Yianni, Ai Sosti in the ancient mines, Ai Silvestros, Ai Nikitas and Profitis Ilias of Troullaki built in ancient citadels, and others in the northern part of the island, while in the south you can reach the Ai Giorgis of Fykiada, Platis Gialos from Vathi, Agia Fotini, Chrisopigi from Faro and more by a footpath.
- Paths that lead to the ancient towers on the island.