- The water of Santorini is not drinkable but it is suitable for brushing teeth and baths. It is preferable to drink bottled water. In Ia, however, the water comes from desalination and it is drinkable.
- If you watch the sunset in Ia, wait until most people leave, because a traffic jam is created. Besides, the best colors are created after the sun has set.
- If you want to enjoy the sunset on your own, Ia is definitely not a recommendation during high season.
- During the days that many cruise ships arrive at the island, avoid the use of the cable car. Big queues are created with corresponding waiting times. The stairs, for those who don't have health problems, offer special views and bring the visitor closer to the landscape as it was before the creation of the cable car.
- Avoid imported souvenirs. The works of local artists will remind you in the prettiest way of the days you spent on the island.
- See the price list before choosing a shop. Sometimes the bill may surprise you…
Use the map or the alphabet below to find your favorite destination!
Koufonisi (Ano & Kato)
Kythira - Antikythira
Paxi - Antipaxi
Would you like to combine skiing in the morning and then go swimming in the afternoon, all in one region? Click to choose your interests and see in which part of Greece you enjoy them. Combinations are endless!